Immediate need for several Advanced Designer(s). The ideal candidate reports directly to the Assistant Manager Product Engineering. He or she will also report indirectly to the lead designer and/or project manager of any projects in which he or she participates.
The ideal candidate will be responsible to;
- Design complex sub-assemblies and small scope product modules independently with general direction of design intent.
- Explore the impact that proposed design will have on other subsystems, parts and assemblies
- Lead collaborative discussions with other designers to share design ideas
- Follow all established design standards and suggest addition/improvement when they are needed.
- Provide support for Special Design Quote Sign off Process.
- Support product improvement and cost-out opportunities
- Participate with New Product Development project teams on pilots.
- Address and resolve corrective action to standard documentation.
- Provide support for Marketing, Application and Sales, manufacturing and Warranty Services.
Develop tool to manage variation in Job Support Requests.
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in 3D modeling software
- 2D AutoCAD (or equivalent)
- Proficiency with Excel skills
- Sheet metal design experience
- Mistake proof design (Poka-yoke)
- DFMA design (design for manufacturing & assembly)
- Travel, both domestic and international can be up to 10% of the time,.
- Required to have close visual acuity to perform 3D computer modeling
- BS in Engineering or Technical certificate with 3 Years’ Experience
- HVAC experience
- Advanced Excel skills