Our Client has an immediate opening for a Quality Manager role. This position is responsible for the effective management of a large employee facility while leading a cross functional team of professionals. Reporting to the site General Manager, this role will be responsible for the Quality Management System (QMS) to ensure the system is established, maintained and improved upon. In addition, the role is key in ensuring compliance to company, customer, regulatory and other procedures and requirements while fostering a quality culture.
Essential Responsibilities: Provides Quality leadership / guidance on all QMS matters as well as product compliance to the facility. Ability to make decisions that always protect product safety for products and services provided by the business. Is the advocate for the VOC (voice of the customer) ensuring customer requirements are realized throughout the life cycle of the products and processes used within the facility from development through product realization and support while in service.
- Drives the elimination of escapes and cost of poor quality.
- Completing and overseeing FAI (First Article Inspection) process
- Establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of quality, reliability and safety.
- Organizes and promotes company-wide improvement efforts.
- Implements and maintains the company quality system in accordance with current quality standards, reporting on performance of the quality system for review and as a basis for improvement.
- Supports the development, implementation and continuous improvement across the organization.
- Leading and developing the site Quality Team: Lead the quality team to operational excellence supporting 100% first pass yield, zero customer escapes, proactively supporting 100% on time delivery for the business operations; Act as a mentor, support quality employee development plans, and maintain a robust succession plan for the Quality Leadership team.
- Acts as the liaison with external parties, including regulatory agencies on matters related to the quality system.
- Act as a business partner to operations ensuring the quality function drives leadership in both compliance systems and management as well as proactively working with site leadership and site guidance management teams to drive continuous improvement to ensure on time delivery and quality.
- Manages the daily activities of the functional Quality organization ensuring adequate resources are in place for compliance, cross training is happening to maximize the Quality staff. Daily interface with operations staff on Quality matters.
2 – 3 years of pertinent experience.