Responsible for the set-up of moderately complex jobs and operation of CNC equipment, and ensuring that all required processes are completed to produce parts that meet quality and ISO standards. Assist in the training of personnel as required.
- Set-up moderately complex jobs and operate conventional, special-purpose, and computerized numerical control (CNC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts and fits and assembles machined parts into complete units, applying knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, machine ability of materials, and layout techniques. Able to run multiple machines at one time.
- Review and understand blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and set up requirements.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines, such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and tooling pre-setter.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings to programmed control data ensuring functionality and performance.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Complete essential documentation as required
- Assure all policies and procedures are followed and safety precautions are taken to reduce the risk of injury.
- Maintain a clean work area and assure safe operation of all equipment.
- Must be available on reasonable notice for unscheduled overtime to meet production schedules.
Must have 3-5 years of pertinent experience.