Heavy equipment operators handle operations, maintenance and repair on construction machinery.
- Ability to operator heavy equipment including, excavators, bulldozers, backhoes, on various terrains.
- Ability to fulfill daily job assignments assigned by the foreman/superintendent.
- Read and interpret maps, sketches, drawings, blue prints, and tech manuals.
- Effectively set up and use transit and interpret plans.
- Work independently and effectively in the absence of supervision.
- Prepare and properly fill out written reports and/or forms.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to adapt to various challenges as they arise on the job site.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as required.
- Clean heavy equipment daily and as scheduled and/or required and report any problems.
- Perform pre- and post-operation inspection of the equipment in accordance with Company policy to ensure windows, lights, mirrors and rear view camera are clean. Safely and efficiently operate equipment that may include: forklift, excavator, bulldozer, front-end loader and other equipment using proper safety standards.
2-3 years pertinent experience