Plan and perform a normal range of operations connected with the assembly and erection of company-produced machines. The ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated, persuasive, intelligent and well educated. The individual’s personal style will need to be suited to a culture which is team based, entrepreneurial, fast paced, value-driven with high corporate standards. The individual will need to be very comfortable working in a lean, matrixed, highly customer focused organization with strong ethical standards.
- Work from assembly drawings, specifications and instructions to plan work in proper sequences.
- Assemble sections of machines such as feed end, flexo, die cutter, slotter-creaser and the various combinations thereof as indicated by customer specifications.
- Assemble gear trains and idler gears, check and make necessary adjustments to obtain proper backlash. Assemble bearings in gears and on studs. Install die drums and rollers. Mount open and closing motors, fountain and main drive motors.
- Use measuring instruments to level and align work, detect and eliminate run-out, work to close tolerances with a demand for square, concentricity and parallelism.
- Detect defective material, unusual conditions or operating difficulties and report to proper supervision.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Should have 5 years mechanical maintenance, repair or assembly experience. Able to work independently.
- Must be able to read blue prints.
- Possess good communication skills and be able to independently solve problems while interacting with various teams, along with good interpersonal skills working with teammates on daily processes and flow.
- Must be capable of multi-tasking various duties throughout the day, have a positive attitude with an ability to be versatile and flexible.
- Assist personnel as necessary to maintain proper flow of work through the assigned area.