Our Client is a Baltimore, Maryland based global supplier of high-tech magnetic launch and traditional roller coasters, observation wheels, towers, water rides and custom designed attractions has an immediate need for Mechanical Engineer for their facility.
The successful candidate must have a minimum of 5+ years’ experience in Mechanical applications engineering preferably related to AMUSEMENT RIDE MACHINERY. Knowledge of control systems, power distribution, electrical systems, motors and motor control systems, pneumatics, hydraulics, and human factors is required. Knowledge of steel construction, welding, fasteners, machining, bearings, wheels and conveyance systems is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experienced in Mechanical Systems Engineering
- Detail-oriented, organized, strong written / verbal communication skills. Fluency in additional language(s) a plus.
- Strong expediting and project management skills
- Motivated team player
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, AutoCAD, and SOLIDWORKS. Knowledge of MS Project a plus.
- Works well under pressure, willingness to meet tight deadlines.
- Multi-tasker who is able to adjust to always changing priorities.
- Review Mechanical System Designs for performance, reliability, maintainability, and safety.
- Review Engineering Drawings
- Write Set-Up and Maintenance Procedures
- Monitor action item lists and ensure deadlines are met
- Coordinate with project administration team
- Ensure continuity of work flow and accountability for task completion
- Must be willing to work long hours, including evenings and weekends, depending on workload.
- Domestic and international travel is part of the normal working environment. A current passport is required.
Must be based in Baltimore, Maryland. A minimum education requirement of a B.S. in Mechanical engineering with 5+ years of experience in is required. M.S. and P.E. License in Maryland is a plus.