The Site Assistant Foreman position is an introductory to intermediate construction field position. It provides excellent training and advancement opportunities within our client’s organization. Should you wish to expand your knowledge base, they will provide training on: Safety, management, operations, blue print reading, sound construction management and processes, etc.
- Assisting Site Foreman in daily responsibilities of managing crew, delegating work load, receiving materials, and scheduling.
- Monitoring rock, sediment, soil erosion in project area to ensure it meets requirements.
- Reading blue prints/layout plans to know where building material will be used.
- Moving matting/tarps to protect native plant species during construction, planting, and regrowth phases.
- Planting indigenous species to aid in regrowth of area.
- Using shovels and other hand tools to assist in grading of stream, pond, and watershed banks.
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable transportation to get to job sites
- 1+ years of progressive experience in construction or environmental work experience or degree
- Willingness to learn how to manage a job site under construction
- Familiarity working with hand tools
- Work safely and effectively around construction equipment being operated
- Coordinating a jobsite under the supervision of a Foreman
- Ability to coordinate between plans, materials, and labor effectively
- The ability to read and interpret plan drawings
- Basic computer knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to lift 70 lbs.