Leading regional industrial instruments and controls representative/distributor, is seeking a qualified individual for our Supply Chain Specialist role. We are a privately held small business with a history stretching back 65 years and an average tenure over 15 years. We are a growing company and offer a nurturing environment with generous benefits and opportunities for professional and financial growth.
As a Supply Chain Specialist you will have start to finish responsibility for the efficient movement of products from suppliers to customers. The role has a variety of daily tasks, long-term projects and personal interactions ensuring each day is different than the one before. An organized, detail oriented person will enjoy the challenge this opportunity provides.
- Interacting with customers and suppliers using both phone and email
- Methodical order entry based on sales order write-ups
- Timely and accurate receiving and shipment processing of 10 to 25 small packages a day
- Inventory management decisions that reduce costs while elevating customer service
- Identifying and pursuing systematic process improvement
- Enhancing customer service through better communication and processes
- Natural desire and ability to communicate with and relate to others – both written and oral.
- High attention to detail, consistent follow through, multi-tasking capacity and conflict resolution skills.
- Self-starter with natural curiosity who is willing to take direction
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Ability to lift and move 35 lbs. without assistance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, including pivot tables
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Procurement and supply chain experience is a plus, but not required. A positive attitude with a desire to continuously improve is a must.
2-3 years pertinent experience